Web Site Code Cleanup
Many older sites have outdated code or were designed using WYSIWYG editors (such as Front Page or Dreamweaver). These web design products are very good but in the hands of inexperienced users they can add excessive amounts of code to a web site.
Why Excessive Code may be a Problem
There are numerous reasons other than just excessive code to consider cleaning up the content in your web site:
- Is the amount of code on your web sites causing the pages to load slowly?
- Is there so much code the search engine robots are limiting the amount of time they are spending reading some pages?
- Are their duplicate URL's causing the robots to visit the same pages over and over so they stop visiting these?
- Are there broken links or duplicate content causing your pages to rank badly in the search engines?
- Was your web site designed using frames making it difficult for some search engines to spider them efficiently?
Now you can see why having clean code and an organized web site are essential to attaining a top ranking in Google. You want the robots to get as much real content as it can and go back and categorize all those beautiful keywords for your web site so people can find your site on the web. You also want the search engines to respect your site and not find broken links, poor quality navigation or other problems to make them stop crawling certain portions of your site.
Contact us today and get your old code looking like new.